*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Friday, August 3, 2012

Freelance Friday - Smoothie Help

So maybe this is old news for some of you - but I just "discovered" this and it has revolutionized my smoothie-making: make yogurt ice cubes!

I make my own yogurt and every once in a while a batch ends up runnier than I like it. I used to just deal with it and eat (or should I say drink) it, but always found it hard to feed to my daughter on a spoon. Last time though, since we were leaving on vacation and had a bunch left over, I decided to pour it into an ice cube tray, then transfer the frozen cubes to a freezer bag.

Can you say "score"? I actually like the way my smoothies turn out better now! I don't need to add ice cubes and I find that the smoothies are creamier. I think I'm going to start looking for yogurt on clearance (usually with a close expiration date) so I can pay very little and make a bunch of yogurt cubes!

What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes?

No comments:

Search & Win