*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Meals - An Easy Go-To Meal

Let me share with you one of my favorite go-to meals. I love it because it is tasty, easy, and doesn't take much preparation. Oh, and it uses the crock pot so you can sort of forget about it for a little bit - just make sure you start it up about 4 hours before you want to eat. I call this my "chicken over rice" recipe, though it is also delicious over egg noodles and with peas.

4 chicken breast halves
1 dry packet of Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup water
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 package of cream cheese
milk

Place chicken in crock pot. Mix water and Italian seasoning together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours. Mix cream of chicken soup and softened cream cheese together - add a little bit of milk to desired consistency (it will get a little bit runnier when it cooks, but barely). Pour over chicken and cook for an extra hour. If the sauce is still a little thick, add a bit of milk. Serve with (or over) rice.

The original recipe (from which mine is adapted) calls for serving this more as "chicken with sauce". But I like having it more as a sauce with chicken over rice. So at the 3 hour mark, when it's time to add the sauce mix, I cut up the chicken into small piece before pouring the sauce mix over it. Just my preference! Oh, and I often just put the chicken still frozen into the crock pot - I just make sure they are not uber-thick pieces!

No comments:

Search & Win